125 West 31st St.
New York, NY 10001
The Epic, a mixed-use building located between Sixth and Seventh Avenues on 31st and 32nd Streets, seamlessly integrates three very distinct uses: a 77,000-square-foot headquarters for the American Cancer Society’s Eastern Region, including a 70-unit Hope Lodge (a free extended-stay hotel for cancer patients and their caretakers); a 40,000-square-foot office and residential facility for the Friary for the Franciscans of the Holy Name Province; and an "80/20" residential facility consisting of 458 rental units at the top of this 59-story building.
Following in the tradition of The Helena, The Epic, the next generation of green luxury rental apartments, demonstrates that sustainable construction can be done efficiently and cost effectively. The sustainable features at the LEED® Gold Epic include rooftop gardens that dissipate heat and absorb rainwater runoff, a storm water reclamation system that recycles water for irrigation, motion sensors in stairways and corridors that conserve energy, floor-to-ceiling Low-E windows, and building-wise water and air filtration.
The Epic Amenities
- Pet friendly
- 3,900-sq.-ft. state-of-the-art fitness center with low-impact flooring constructed on a spring-based platform
- 24/7 concierge-attended lobby
- WiFi throughout
- Outdoor space
- Parking garage and bicycle storage available
- Valet service
- Indoor basketball court
- 2,400-sq.ft. residents lounge and living room with surround-sound large-screen TV
Apartment Features and Finishes
- EnergyStar appliances
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Individual-room programmable Thermostats
- Floor-to-ceiling Low-E windows
- Low off-gassing materials improve air quality
- Super-sealed insulation
- Water-conserving fixtures
- Building-wide water and air filtration